Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Contemplations in a Philly Cheese Airport

Still here.  Waiting.
Vanilla.........what is it?  A valid flavor?  Or a base on which to add?  Scott says former.  I say latter.  His case?  It tastes good.  My case?  You use vanilla to start a concoction.  His experience?  He eats and drinks vanilla things.  My experience?  I often make many amazing things to eat and drink.  He says fun; I say boring.  What is the answer?  We may never know.

Scott here: Vanilla has many subtleties that lend itself to providing a quintessential tastebud experience. Hence the fact that it can be used to great effect in other dishes and "concoctions!!!" (Daniel did come up with "quintessential" though). I'm done.

I'm back now.  So how to respond.....well to start with, just because it is used to great effect in other dishes, does not mean it is good as a flavor.  For example, I don't want a rosemary flavored dish.  But rosemary is a great enhancer to an already good dish.

Now it's Scott again. This is a case by case basis! Vanilla tastes good by itself! Vanilla Ice Cream!!! Vanilla shakes!!! Did I mention the ice cream? Rosemary? Of course not! Sheesh . . . . . . we need to get on the plane . . . . before this gets out of hand.

Oh it's so out of hand.  We're about to be groped again to make sure that we can't be of any harm to each other, and now they're handing us rubber boxing gloves to ensure a fun fight.

Ok seriously.......this time we will wait until we get to England before posting.  Something of depth may just take place next time.  Seriously......

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the word quintessential!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are amusing yourselves - the flight can be VERY long! BTW, vanilla = totally legit flavor. ;)

    ReplyDelete